Thursday, July 28, 2011

Recipe #4: Tiffany's Bowl and Spoon Cookies

The following recipe is from one of my favorite people and is my long-distance partner in canning. While I don't know if the recipe is "her's" or from a book, I have it written into my recipe book as "Tiffany's Bowl and Spoon Cookies" because I will never be able to separate their existance from memories of her. I like them because they are a basic 5 ingredient cookie- great for when you need something a little sweet, but don't want a big mess. Below you will find the recipe, almost exactly as she sent it to me, followed by my own personal notes and observations. Enjoy!

These chocolate cookies may be the easiest and perhaps most fudge-y, therefore delicious, cookies you will ever make. There are no eggs, no added sugar, no stand mixer necessary.

Ingredients:
1 14-oz can sweetened condensed milk
4 T unsalted butter
1 12-oz pkg semisweet chocolate chips*
1 c flour
1 t vanilla
pecan halves

In a large glass measuring cup, combine milk, butter, and chips. Microwave for 2 minutes or until melted. Add flour and vanilla, stir until combined. The mixture will resemble fudge. Drop by heaping spoonful on a parchment lined baking sheet. Remember, they are bowl and spoon cookies. Press a pecan half onto each mound of dough. Bake for 3 minutes in a 350 degree oven, turn baking sheet and bake for an additional 4 minutes. Cool and serve. These can be stored for up to four days.


*After doing a little experimenting of my own- you can use any variation of morsels so long as you have 2 cups worth. You may need to add a little extra flour every once in a while to thicken the mixture if you use a variation of morsels. Pecans can be mixed into the batter as well as being put on top. Don't be afraid of using other toppers (larger chocolate morsels work well). I dislike using parchment paper. A greased cookie sheet works just as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment