Sunday, July 28, 2013

Back in the Saddle


It’s been a long year, full of highs and lows with precious little time for jotting anything down. Between my 19-month-old son’s erratic sleeping patterns and keeping up with our BEYOND chaotic schedule, I’m just happy to be standing and mildly coherent some days. Despite the many responsibilities I have taken on, I feel pretty certain it’s long since time for me to climb back in the saddle and get this blog going again. It might be a bit of a bumpy ride as I settle back into the rhythm of writing for a blog. It doesn’t help that I’m not entirely certain which trail this particular entry will follow.
We’ve completely demolished the front garden beds. OOPS. In reality, they were just old and in need of replacement more than repair. So, we built a large 4X8 bed in the back yard for radishes, carrots, beets, etc and a small 2x8 bed in the front for tomatoes. The radishes and carrots were a bit of a flop. The beans, on the other hand, have flourished. We’ve enjoyed a few meals with them. I was late planting squash and zucchini. The plants have grown and grown with plenty of flowers, but we have yet to find any fruit. Soon, I hope. We accidently overplanted our cucumbers. After the first batch didn’t sprout we planted another round, which was followed immediately by a couple weeks of rain. After the deluge, we found that all the seeds had sprouted. We’ve gotten a few sweet cucumbers already but have no idea what kind they are.
The summer has been pretty wonderful-nice and cool with plenty of rain. I’ve been grateful for the lack of heat. Heat and morning sickness don’t really mix. That’s right. Jesse and I will be officially outnumbered in January.  Yay!


No comments:

Post a Comment